The Financial Oracle

Young and inspired striving for financial freedom and all the perks that come with it, all while still having fun before I die and leave all of my hard earned money to my unborn children.


Wednesday, November 08, 2006

1st Post

I'm creating this to give myself, and maybe others, some insight on financial freedom. I figure if I write it down, lay everything on the line so I can visualize my finances, assets and debts, I will enable myself and my family to be more financially sound. I encourage feedback, stories and suggestions from everyone. I am using this site to track my own net worth (and lack thereof), but feedback is always appreciated. I am not a financial guru, but I have surrounded myself with friends and family that are, so while not claiming to be an expert, I have a good idea of what I'm doing.

I suggest everyone read The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach. It provides readers with the basic knowledge of how to become financially free, over the period of your life, and how "finish rich." It has already helped me, and I will be better off in the future for have reading it.

Net worth update:

This is a pretty good estimate of my net worth as of the end of October 2006. While the credit card debt may seem high, over half of it is on 0% interest credit cards. I couldn't resist buying a new DLP HDTV to go with our new house, but I'll have it paid off well before any interest would be applied to the card.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We have nearly the same about of net worth. I love reading people's personal finance blogs. I created a website to help military members with their finances. I wanted to know if you would like to blog roll with me. Thanks.

    Brandon J
    http://moneyformilitary.blogspot.com or e-mail me at bjone6@gmail.com

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Email sent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home