The Financial Oracle

Young and inspired striving for financial freedom and all the perks that come with it, all while still having fun before I die and leave all of my hard earned money to my unborn children.


Monday, November 13, 2006

Wall Art for Sale??

When I calculated my net worth when I started this blog I purposely left out about $9,000 in savings because we were planning on using that money specifically for purchases on things for the house. We had (and still have) a lot of things we needed to buy:

New carpet for the upstairs: check.
Flooring for the downstairs: check.
Paint and supplies: check.
TV and stand: check.
Refrigerator: check.
Family room furniture: check.

Not a bad start. What I didn't count on were all of the re-visits to Home Depot and the paint store because we were constantly running out of supplies. All those little purchases really add up, which is yet another reason I can't wait to finally move in. Out of our approximately nine grand that we had, only about $500 remains. That's cool and all because we are very fortunate to be able to have all these things, but it'll be nice to get things back to normal once we're settled.

Still need: pedestal sink for downstairs bathroom, 220 volt connection for our electric stove, miscellaneous plumbing repairs (nothing serious or very expensive), probably more paint, miscellaneous home decor.

All that being said, I'm looking to buy some inexpensive, yet cool and contemporary wall art if anybody has any laying around. Keep in mind I'm not looking for expensive stuff here, but if a nice piece is collecting dust in a closet I'd be happy to work out a deal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home