The Financial Oracle

Young and inspired striving for financial freedom and all the perks that come with it, all while still having fun before I die and leave all of my hard earned money to my unborn children.


Thursday, December 21, 2006

Goals for 2007

This may be the last post until 2007, so let me first wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Now for my goals for next year:

1. Save $2,500 into my emergency savings account by mid May (MyMoneyBlog goal).
2. Decrease credit card debt by 50%.
3. Increase net worth to $100,000. I don't know how possible this is based on our current income and mortgage payment, but I'm going to give it a shot.
4. Continue to fund emergency fund throughout the year.
5. Start a retirement account for my wife and have her contribute 10% of her income.
6. Open an account to save for "fun" stuff.

This will be updated throughout the year with my progress!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck on the upcoming year. I always get excited about new starts, financially, speaking, and this is a perfect time to look ahead and plan where I should be by the end of the year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home